Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More in Part 2 - Narcissism Shame Finland - Where Else?


Narcissism, Shame, Finland, Where Else?
Part 2

More thoughts. These thoughts could easily apply to many nations. For now, I am speaking to Finland for this is where I am called to speak this truth in love.  Each passing day comes a greater clarity in my life to truly SEE as the Lord shows me. I don't have the full picture. Who does? I speak my part in Christ.

Finland is shame based. As I have said, the basis of narcissism is shame. Let me review on this.

Narcissism is a continual focus on oneself and feeds into a carnal trinity of "Me, Myself & I". Shame is a disturbed painful feeling of guilt, incompetence, and unworthiness. Adam and Eve dealt with this in the Garden of Eden, running from God and people are still running from God while calling themselves Christians, in Finland and many other places. Shame sends us a continual demonic subliminal message that says, "You are wrong!" Believing that, denies the reality of Jesus Christ and the Finished Work of the Cross where He took all sin, shame, and guilt upon Himself so that you are free in your salvation.

What perpetuates narcissism?
Any teaching, movement, revival focus, prophetic focus, breakthrough focus, conference focus that places an emphasis on new revelation, iconic speakers, imparted anointings, something else that is needed, one more prayer, one more book...wow, I can speak about this forever............is off and denies the Finished Work of the Cross. I know of what I speak for I have traveled the journey of seeking it all and finding NOTHING until I found grace in the person of Christ.

In order to truly be free and to live free, Finland must walk in the revelation of Christ and the Finished Work of the Cross. From that point of entry, comes life in Christ. You are a new creation in Christ in salvation. You believe upon His death and His shed blood to enter into resurrection life. Why is there so much taught contrary to this simplicity? More on this later.

Religion, law, denominational bondage and more moves on a foundation of performance that one needs to DO more for Christ to BE more for Christ. Maybe it is not always said but it is heavily implied into people's lives. It keeps the wheels turning in religion and finances many ministries all over the world. Sad but true.

Here's the deal simple and true. No Christian leader and no Christian for that matter can avoid this reality. It is in this reality that one finds life.

Galatians 2:20-21
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life, which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

If you are still seeking life while bypassing the call to die, you are not living. For to live IS CHRIST and IN CHRIST through the power of the cross. You can't truly live without facing the cross and your own death in Christ. Then you live as a new creation. You come into LIFE through His death. Then, you are a new creation. You are not being called to be sustained on life-support. You are called to pull the plug on everything you know as life and enter into His life in your salvation. Many things called Christianity in Finland is often a message to sustain your life apart from the cross.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Paul continues to talk about His own life that was empowered by the revelation of the person of Christ. Shouldn't it also be that way today? Yes of course it should. Yet I see Christianity majoring on the peripheral edges of shallowness without actually coming to terms with what Christianity actually centers around - Jesus Christ. There is a simplicity in this revelation that inspires and imparts a passion for maturity. This cannot be imparted into one at an altar call or is not a quick fix. Leaders cannot impart this without this revelation coming alive within their own life. Therefore I speak to leaders here in Finland and anywhere for that matter. Read on. I may be quite simplistic in my approach but it is truly simple. I speak not from a position of self-righteousness for I have walked this and am walking it every day of my life in assuming any position of leadership in Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:12
So then death is working in us, but life in you.

In a leader, there are no shortcuts to maturity. If you shortcut the process, you raise up a people who are basically as immature as you. In this verse above, Paul is simply saying, "I impart to YOU what I have died to in myself. I no longer live but Christ lives in me. Let me give you Jesus Christ."

In putting Jesus Christ forth, you turn from any form of Narcissism that promotes the self. Leaders who will not acknowledge their absolute nothingness apart from Christ have nothing to give of Christ. They only give themselves and their flesh. Narcissism is at its best when it can find a leader that will bypass the cross to gain a reputation, bringing in that which satisfies the flesh of people. So we see iconic personalities coming into Finland, new movements, and so-called breakthroughs...is that the fault of the people or of leaders or of both? Perhaps God is simply giving Finland what it is crying out for and leaders are listening to the cries of people and not God. Not all...not all...I am not addressing all but challenging many here today. Not passing judgment or condemnation but reality. Reality brings us into truth in the person of Christ and then all illusion is gone and we face the simple fact that we are nothing without Him. Read on.

Leading from a point of humility, brokenness, life in Christ requires transparency and honesty. You die to any self-interests and all reputation. You forgo wondering what people think or moving forth by their expectations in a fear of man and not a fear of God. Maturity in a leader is forged by looking at the cross of Christ as a starting point and realizing that without Him you are nothing, can be nothing and do nothing. Then from that point, you move forth in freedom and liberty in grace, caring not what others think or feel for you are focused on His affirmation in His grace.  

One can build a large church without Christ.
One can host so called 'cutting edge' conferences without Christ.
One can dumb people down with a shallow preaching of Scripture that focuses on self-effort or performance and be quite successful in preaching to needs.
One can appear in the eyes of man as having it all going on, yet be bankrupt and empty.

I speak of what I know for I have walked it. Now I stand in the righteousness and grace that I have found in Christ Jesus. That is indeed freedom in my life. His burden is easy and His yoke is light and freedom feels good.

My challenge to you today:

Forgo anything labeled as 'cutting edge', new breakthrough, new revelation, constant crying out in intercession and so much more.
Forgo anyone pulling you to listen to an iconic leader to gain a much needed anointing.
Forgo any pressure to run with the crowds.
Turn back to discipleship of people, congregations so that, in effect, you raise up people in maturity and work yourself out of a position that is dependent on immaturity in people.
Speak a language of grace in the person of Christ Jesus.

How desperately Finland needs leaders who will take a stand and not follow or copy or mimic another nation. Leaders who will walk in love but not fear people. Leaders who will walk seeking maturity in Christ Jesus.

Come out of the shadows! Finland needs you now.

More coming.

Debra Westbrook
Rivers of Eden
http://www.riversofeden.com


1 comment:

  1. Håller med om mkt i det här o det gör förmodligen många andra troende oxå. Men det enda jag undrar över är om Gud verkligen kallar de kristna i Finland o skandinavien för narcissister, köttliga säkert, men narcissim är ju en psykisk personlighetsstörning. Det är ju ganska stor skillnad.
    Det kan säkert finnas en o annan i ledarposition med narcissistisk störning, men knappast hela folket väl, nej det har jag svårt att tro på.Men att korset behöver komma i förgrunden o att man slutar uppmuntra köttlighet i församlingar det håller jag med om.

    ReplyDelete